Southwest Terminal 1 Expansion, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
OWNER: Southwest Airlines
- New Jet fueling piping fabrication and installation
- Fuel Hydrant system modification
- Excavation and dewatering
- X-ray, pigging and hydrostatic testing
- Fuel system flushing and commissioning
- Night time work
The project entailed modification of the primary underground Jet fueling hydrant system, and additional infrastructure to support Jet fueling operations at the new Southwest Airlines International Concourse A at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Activities included heavy civil work, underground utilities & piping, environmental remediation, electrical, mechanical and more. Much of the work required large coordinated efforts to shutdown large sections of the airport’s primary fuel system for tie-ins & modifications.